Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Training IS Fun!

Wag 'n Woofs is about to graduate it's second round of classes and begin a third round. The Intermediate class is already full! I've thoroughly enjoyed the owners and pooches that have tried a training class with me. I hope the owners are as proud of their success as I am.


At Wag 'n Woofs, our classes are run with a 'fun first' attitude. My style is geared toward the family dog, and I want your dog to love coming to class. I find myself during our first few meetings telling people, SMILE! LAUGH! Make a silly noise! Owner's must think I'm just plain crazy, until they notice what it does to their dog. A dog that was distant or easily distracted starts becoming attentive and engaged with their owner. It's a transformation that makes me smile every time. By the last couple classes, I have a room full of owners that are truly enjoying themselves. 


Going to training class should always be a positive experience for your dog. Don't stress over doing behaviors perfectly! Take a deep breath and let your dog work at their own pace. I try to make a large portion of training time more like a game then practice, because your dog feels the difference in YOUR attitude. When you start to get frustrated or upset, your dog can get confused and nervous. When they think training time is fun, they learn faster then you could have imagined. 


I hope to see you and your pooch in class


 Now, go play in the snow with a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment